- 1 large ripe avocado (should be about a cup or so)
- 1/2 cup fat free (good quality) PLAIN Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 skim milk (depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
- 2 healthy pinches dried thyme
Put everything in the food processor and blend until very smooth.
cover and CHILL OVER NIGHT.
This will stay vibrant green for 2 or 3 days (if it lasts that long) but will start to darken just a little on day 4 and 5.
I use 1/4 cup skim milk and it makes a pretty thick salad dressing like this:
If that is too thick for you, add a little more milk to thin it out.
NOTE: If this is just a little too fat-free for you, use olive oil instead of milk.