The end result is moist, fall apart tender, sweet-ish, completely full flavored and very versatile. It is going directly into my "make often" recipe box!!
CROCKPOT PORK LOIN
- 2 pounds (approx.) pork loin (tenderloin will work too)
- 1/4 cup LOW SODIUM soy sauce (regular will be too salty)
- 1 tablespoon regular old yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Put the oil in your crockpot and rub it around to cover the cooking surface. Put the pork loin in.
Mix everything else and pour over the meat. Put the lid on and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Turn it over half way through if you can, but its not necessary.
After 6 hours, remove meat and thicken the sauce (if you want to) and put the meat back in. Whether you thicken the sauce or not, is just a matter of preference, it tastes the same.
NOTE: I use this recipe using a 2 pound pork loin roast, but a tenderloin will work too. I haven't tried the recipe with any other cut of pork.
NOTE: Make sure you use low sodium soy sauce or the final dish might be a tad salty for you.